How do I begin the process of commissioning my pet’s portrait?
Commissioning a pet portrait is easy. Here is the process:
- First, send me the best photos of your pet that you have, preferably digital .jpegs with 300 dpi. (If sending printed photos or slides, please send duplicates, not originals) and a brief written personality description of your pet. Please also include your name, e-mail address and telephone number, plus the approximate size of the portrait you would like.
- After reviewing the material I will contact you to discuss the work.
- I will then email you one or more black-and-white sketches of what I propose to paint, for your review and approval.
- After you approve one of my sketches, I will send you a Commission Agreement with a written estimate and description of your pet’s portrait.
- When I receive the signed Commission Agreement with your 50% deposit, the pet portrait will be scheduled to begin. Before the portrait is finished, I will send you an image of your painting-in-progress for your review and for any minor adjustments.
- Your painting should take roughly 4-6 weeks to complete, depending on the number of commissions that are ahead of you. Upon completion of the portrait I will email you a picture of the finished portrait, with an invoice for the balance due. (In addition to personal checks, cash, and money orders, you may pay in person or over the phone with the following major credit cards: Master Card, Visa, Discover, or American Express.)
- Upon receipt of the balance, I will ship your painting to you or you may come to one of my studios (Maine and Massachusetts) to pick it up. A signed Certificate of Authenticity accompanies your painting.